Make a Difference
Friends of SFACC is a registered 501 (c)(3) nonprofit and is an all-volunteer-run organization. Our federal EIN (employer identification number for tax-exempt verification) is 94-3371620.
Your gift makes it possible to provide programs, supplies, and awareness of the services provided to animals and people in San Francisco by the Dept. of Animal Care & Control. Donating to Friends of SFACC directly (rather than to the city fund for the shelter), ensures that the funds go toward helping the animals in ways that are outside the scope of the City budget. Gifts of any size make a difference. We thank you for your generous support!
Your donation to Friends of SFACC directly supports these critical programs.
- Behavior & Training staff, who evaluate animals for adoption, train volunteers, and coordinate fosters for mother dogs/puppies
- Low-cost rabies vaccine/microchip clinics for the public, held at ACC
- Grants for local rescue/adoption partners
- Emergency medical procedures for abused, neglected, or injured animals that require specialized care beyond what ACC veterinarians can provide
- Staff & volunteer appreciation events and special workshops
- Equipment and supplies not covered by the city budget that improve the quality of the animals’ lives in the stressful shelter environment, such as orthopedic dog beds, astroturf in the shelter dog yard, neonatal kitten supplements, and toys and treats for all the animals
Recurring gifts are a wonderful way to help sustain ACC’s programs over the course of the year. When you donate online, you can select annual, quarterly or monthly recurring donations.
Shop every day at smile.amazon.com/ch/94-3371620 and Amazon donates to Friends Of San Francisco Animal Care And Control.
Give by Mail
If you prefer to donate with a check, please make it payable to “Friends of SFACC” and mail to our new address for checks only (not intended for regular correspondence*):
Friends of SFACC
P.O. Box 101850
Pasadena, CA 91189-1850
*Please mail all other correspondence to: Friends of SFACC, c/o SFACC, 1200 15th St, SF, CA 94103.
The Friends of San Francisco Animal Care & Control (FSFACC), including its officers, partners, and volunteers, will not furnish your name, contact information, payment information, postal address, email address or other personal information to third parties without your specific permission.
Other Ways to Give
You can also help support Friends’ programs through your workplace, your estate, online shopping, donating your car, or by planning your own fundraising event. Click on the following fundraising programs to learn more about them, or contact email@example.com.Friends of SFACC Amazon Wish List
Shop from our wish list registry at Amazon.com for specific items that the shelter uses every day to enrich the lives of the animals. These items are not covered by the City’s basic animal care budget and are approved for use by the ACC Behavior & Training team.
Experience the joys of guilt-free shopping. While splurging on yourself, you are helping the animals of ACC as well. With Amazon Smile, you shop; Amazon gives. Here’s how it works:
- Go to AmazonSmile and bookmark the page.
- Sign in using your Amazon account or create a new account.
- Designate Friends of San Francisco Animal Care & Control as your charity of choice.
- Start shopping to support the animals of ACC! See ACC’s wish list to purchase pre-approved items.
Another option to turn your online shopping into much-needed donations is through iGive. There are no membership fees and great deals on shipping from 1,000’s of online stores. Click here to find out more.
Donate your Car, boat, RV or motorcycle to Vehicles for Charity to benefit Friends of SFACC. Simply complete an online form or call 888-500-1555 and they will do it for you! They will schedule a pickup to tow your car at no cost, and send you a tax receipt. Be sure to let them know you want the proceeds from your vehicle to go to Friends of San Francisco Animal Care & Control.
Have furniture, electronics, clothing or house wares to donate? Community Thrift in San Francisco accepts these donations and then donates a portion back to Friends! Click here for more information about Community Thrift. Donate items to the Community Thrift store at 623 Valencia St., San Francisco, CA 94110. When you drop off your donations, tell them to assign the charity partner number 120 for Friends of SFACC.
Kuranda beds (for cats and dogs) are durable, comfortable, and easy to clean. Click this link to purchase online, and the company will ship directly to ACC. Donate a bed as a gift or in memory of a loved one and Kuranda will mail a FREE Personalized Gift Card from you!
Gifts of stocks, bonds, mutual funds, and real property also qualify for a charitable income tax deduction, and help you avoid capital gains taxes and reduce potential estate taxes. Estate gifts should be directed to the “Friends of San Francisco Animal Care & Control, Federal Tax ID #94-3371620.”