Jane Goodall said, “What you do makes a difference, and you have to decide what kind of difference you want to make.” There are many ways to help ACC’s animals—you can VOLUNTEER at the shelter, help out at community outreach events, raise funds for Friends of SFACC, and encourage friends and family to adopt their next pet from the shelter or from one of ACC’s partnering rescue groups.
Fundraising event ideas…or invent your own
Planning a fundraising event is not only fun, it’s an opportunity to help SFACC’s animals by raising both funding and awareness. You supply the idea, we supply the guidelines that will make planning a fundraising event easy—and fun. Golf tournaments, marathons, wine tastings, auctions, grand openings, holiday parties, bike-a-thons, walk-a-thons. It’s up to you!
- Host a Toy Drive: Each year Friends of SFACC purchases close to $10,000 in toys and treats for training and also to keep our animals engaged and happy during their stay with us. Businesses can help offset those costs by hosting a toy drive for the animals at our shelter.
- Have a Party or Sports Event: A group or individual can host an event or sponsor an activity and make SFACC the beneficiary. (i.e. an organization may host a golf outing and donate to SFACC a check for the net profits from the event.)
- “Piggy Back” on an Existing Event: Add a third-party fundraising element and receive the income produced from that element. For example, a company may have an annual party and ask their employees to bring donations of new pet toys or canned food for SFACC or, a group can sponsor an annual marathon and offer registrants the opportunity to receive pledges for SFACC.
Please follow these guidelines when fundraising on SFACC’s behalf:
- SFACC’s name and/or logo cannot be used to promote a third-party event without prior approval by SFACC. All approved third-party events must submit copies for review of print materials which include SFACC’s logo/name prior to printing.
- Keep accurate accounts of your event. SFACC will not be responsible for any expenses incurred for a third-party activity.
- The third-party activity should be one that does not conflict with the mission of SFACC.
- Your third-party activity should not conflict with an existing SFACC fundraising event.
- SFACC does not insure any third-party activities. Third-party activities organizers agree to defend and indemnify SFACC and the City of San Francisco from any and all claims and liabilities arising out of the activity.
For more information or questions about fundraising, email Friends of SFACC at firstname.lastname@example.org.