Make a Difference
Friends of SFACC is a registered 501 (c)(3) nonprofit and is an all-volunteer-run organization. Our federal EIN (employer identification number for tax-exempt verification) is 94-3371620.
Your gift makes it possible to provide programs, supplies, and awareness of the services provided to animals and people in San Francisco by the Dept. of Animal Care & Control. Donating to Friends of SFACC directly (rather than to the city fund for the shelter), ensures that the funds go toward helping the animals in ways that are outside the scope of the City budget. Gifts of any size make a difference. We thank you for your generous support!
Your donation to Friends of SFACC directly supports these critical programs.
- Behavior & Training staff, who evaluate animals for adoption, train volunteers, and coordinate fosters for mother dogs/puppies
- Low-cost rabies vaccine/microchip clinics for the public, held at SFACC (temporarily on hold)
- Grants for local rescue/adoption partners
- Emergency medical procedures for abused, neglected, or injured animals that require specialized care beyond what SFACC veterinarians can provide
- Equipment and supplies not covered by the city budget that improve the quality of the animals’ lives in the stressful shelter environment, such as orthopedic dog beds, AstroTurf in the shelter dog yard, neonatal kitten supplements, and toys and treats for all the animals
- Staff & volunteer appreciation events and special workshops
Recurring gifts are a wonderful way to help sustain SFACC’s programs over the course of the year. When you donate online, you can select monthly, quarterly, or annual recurring donations.
Give by Mail
We welcome checks of any amount and prefer them for donations of $1,000 or more. Please make checks payable to “Friends of SFACC” and mail to:
Friends of SF Animal Care & Control
P.O. Box 7710
San Francisco, CA 94120-7710
Friends of San Francisco Animal Care & Control (FSFACC), including its officers, partners, and volunteers, will not furnish your name, contact information, payment information, postal address, email address or other personal information to third parties without your specific permission.
Other Ways to Give
- Workplace Matching & Gifts of Stock
- Planned Giving
- Online Shopping (Amazon and Chewy) & Store Partnerships
The Board of Directors of Friends of San Francisco Animal Care & Control is pleased to acknowledge the generous participation of these Donors, who made an exceptional difference in the lives of many animals in Calendar Year 2020.